Saturday, June 1, 2013

Back to work for Mommy

I went back to work on April 29.  I did not want to leave the girls, as I only was able to spend 7 weeks with them together at home.  However, I was very thankful for that time, as it was more than I thought I would get.  We heard a lot of stories about NICU kids and the duration of time the spent in the hospital.  We were so lucky to have both girls home before their due date.

In order to allow the girls to grow to their adjusted age of 12 weeks before we put them in day care, we had the Grandma's come to town for the month of May to take care of the girls when I went back to work.

The first week Mormor was here, the second and third week Grammy K was here, and the fourth week Mormor came back to help out.  We are so thankful the Grandma's were able to come down from Michigan and take care of the girls. We are also glad the girls were able to spend so much time with their Grandma's.

It was so nice to have an extra set of hands to help out in the morning and in the evening.  It was also wonderful that we had piece of mind to know the girls were well taken care of while I was at work.  It was so great that we didn't have to worry about what they were doing, how well they were eating and sleeping etc, bc we know the Grandma's showed the girls such love and care.

It was also nice to spend time with our Mom's during the month of May.  The time goes by very quickly, and some how I didn't take any pictures of the Grandma's with the girls this month.  I do know the girls enjoyed their bouncy seats, tummy time, and play mat daily.  They also enjoyed walks when the weather was nice.  I could not imagine if I had to go back to work and take the kids to day care on the same day.

Kathryn in the beginning of the month with a mysterious look on her face

The girls playing on their favorite activity mat that Uncle Ry gave to them for Christmas

This is how we spend a lot of our time, sitting together feeding the girls

They look like twins here, one is just a little bigger than the other one

Poppy game down for the weekend while Grammy K was here and I captured him talking to Kathryn.
Smiley Kathryn

Daddy and Anna

Sweet Anna

Mommy and Anna
 
What a great month we had as a family adjusting to Mommy going back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment