Sunday, February 17, 2013

3lb Club and Girl Time

Today Anna weighed 3lb!  Way to go Anna!  Sam, Kathryn and I set off to visit Anna at the hospital this afternoon.  It took 3 rounds of trying to figure out Kathryn's eating schedule with my pumping schedule to also arrive at the hospital and coordinate with Anna's feeding schedule, but we did it!  We took 2 cars to make it happen.  This enabled me to run to the grocery store while Sam stayed in the NICU with Kathryn and Anna.  Then when my shopping was complete, Sam brought Kathryn down to my car and I took her home, while Sam stayed with Anna a little longer.  It worked out well.  I made it home in time to nurse Kathryn for 22 minutes, wahoo!  Don't worry she was very hungry and took half of a bottle after that as well.

I enjoyed my time holding both girls for the second time today in the hospital.  Anna is very alert during.  She looks at me with her big eyes, and I think she understands what I am saying.  Or she has already figured out I am crazy in love with her!




We survived our first night with Kathryn at home.  We are thankful we can figure out the schedule with just one baby at home for now, but I think we are already getting the hang of it, so hopefully Anna can come home as soon as she can so we can all be together.

2 comments:

  1. Woooohooooo!! Congratulations on such fantastic news of Kathryn coming home and Anna hitting 3 lbs! Both of them seem to be doing simply amazing, I love all the stories and pics, was so excited to see two updates today. And look how Anna is just looking up at her mama in the picture above, you can see how much she loves you too. :) Good luck with all the logistics of cars, schedules, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great keeping up with you and your little ones! Miss you!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete